Ironbridge Golf Club & Mountain Community – Glenwood Springs, CO
Director of Sales and Marketing
2015 – Present
- Create annual marketing plan and manage all subsequent marketing and public relation efforts.
- Negotiate all local, state and national media buys to promote golf and the Ironbridge Grill
- Create all print and marketing collateral materials, including advertisements, brochures, flyers, direct mail pieces, rack cards, and other items.
- Develop all electronic communications, such as eNewsletters and marketing emails.
- Write and disseminate all press releases and work with media on creating positive press for golf, restaurant and real estate.
- Update and maintain website.
- Maintain all social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Direct all photo shoots with external photographers and selected/edited photos for various projects.
- Photograph all events and property when external photographers are not available or within the budget. Edit photos as needed.
- Book and oversee the coordination of major events, including weddings, holiday parties, and golf tournaments.
- Supervised the Creative Director, Marketing Associate and interns.
Roaring Fork Business Resource Center – Glenwood Springs, CO
Marketing and Operations Manager
2011 – 2013
- Develop, manage, and execute all marketing and public relations efforts for promoting the Roaring Fork Business Resource Center (RFBRC)
- Writing and designing newsletters, press releases, advertisements, e-blasts, and other collateral materials.
- Maintaining and updating content on the RFBRC website.
- Administrating social media efforts, including Facebook, Linked-In, and the RFBRC blog.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with the RFBRC’s clients, advisors, and sponsors.
- Plan, develop, and execute various workshops and seminars (including all promotional initiatives.)
- Teach workshops and seminars when appropriate, such as “Marketing Your Small Business”
- Maintain the RFBRC’s contact management systems and client files.
- Provide clients with one-on-one counseling to help them gain a better understanding of how marketing and public relations can help their businesses.
- A registered counselor with the Small Business Development Center of Colorado.
L.L.Bean – Freeport, ME
Marketing and Promotions Manager
2008 – 2011
- Managed and executed all marketing and public relations efforts for L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery.
- Directed, managed and oversaw the annual marketing budget to ensure costs were kept in check, while also ensuring the best ROI was received.
- Worked with internal partners in corporate marketing, retail, e-commerce, and public affairs in the creation of all marketing collateral, including website, catalog, brochures, and advertisements.
- Wrote copy for website, catalogs, advertisements and other collateral materials, while also completing the graphic design work for some of these pieces.
- Negotiated and placed all media buys specific to promotion of L.L.Bean Outdoor Discovery.
- Wrote and disseminated press releases to appropriate media outlets and worked with writers and editors to place L.L.Bean in the forefront of print, television, and radio consumers.
- Utilized Social Media when appropriate, such Facebook, Twitter, and other online forums.
- Established and cultivated relationships with external partners for maximum exposure – including Maine Tourism Office, area Convention and Visitor Bureaus, and various tourism-related businesses.
- Reviewed analytics to ensure marketing and sales efforts are on target with reaching performance goals.
- Worked closely with L.L.Bean Special Events Manager to help coordinate and execute various external promotional events and internal meetings and retreats.
- Managed and oversaw the Outdoor Discovery sales efforts, including:
- Provided sales goals, direction, and training to Sales Specialists
- Generated and pursued sales leads
- Developed sales presentations and strategic plans
- Coordinated and attended tradeshows
- Negotiated final contracts and sales agreements
Schmueser Gordon Meyer – Glenwood Springs, CO
Director of Marketing
- Created and implemented the firm’s marketing plan.
- Worked closely with SGM’s shareholders and engineers to carry out the long-term vision and goals of the firm. Sought out potential new projects and coordinated business development opportunities, including to creation of formal proposals and business-to-business marketing initiatives.
- Maintained and updated the firm’s website.
- Assisted the Human Resource Director with recruiting initiatives, including attending career fairs, coordinating advertisements, and networking with engineering trade organizations.
- Led all employee relations efforts, such as benefit communications and internal newsletters.
- Reviewed the firm’s charitable contributions and sponsorships and made recommendations to senior leadership.
- Planned and executed all of the firm’s special events, such as public forums, seminars, and employee gatherings, including company-wide meetings and social functions.
Glenwood Springs Chamber Resort Association – Glenwood Springs, CO
VP/Director of Tourism Marketing
2005 – 2006
- Created and implemented the 2006 annual marketing plan for the City of Glenwood Springs, including: Placement of all advertising and media buys; Wrote and edited copy for brochures, press kits, and website; Attended tradeshows to promote Glenwood Springs as a premier Colorado destination; Worked with travel writers and other media for positive media mentions regarding Glenwood Springs; Partnered with a tourism board of 11 local business owners
- Helped generate a 25% increase in tourism for Glenwood Springs in 2006.
- Managed the city’s Tourism Promotion Fund – $700,000 in tax revenue used for the annual marketing budget.
- Led all group sales efforts.
- Mentored and managed the Assistant Director of Tourism Marketing.
Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc. – St. Louis, MO
2001 – 2005
- Wrote copy for all of the firm’s marketing materials, such as press releases, brochures, newsletters, advertisements, newspaper articles, interview responses, and the annual report.
- Responsible for drafting key communication pieces from the Chairman, CEO, CFO, and President.
- Worked closely with members of senior management and executive staff to effectively execute public relations initiatives, both on an internal and external level.
- Helped develop and execute corporate special events, including non-profit partnerships and the firm’s annual broker meetings.
- Successfully passed the NASD Series 7 and Series 65 exams within first year of employment in order to best understand the industry and financial products.
Bank of America Private Bank – St. Louis, MO
1999 – 2001
- Participated in work groups and teams to develop, coordinate, and implement various projects for the Private Bank’s communication and marketing efforts.
- Often acted as team lead or project manager for these initiatives – ensuring projects remained within budget and timelines
- Wrote and edited copy for press releases, direct mail pieces, newsletters/-publications, sales presentation material, letters, and other marketing tools.
- Led all direct mail efforts for the Private Bank within a designated geographical region.